Most people get a religion after their birth for completely free. Children are taught things by their parents or other people, resources from their environment. They are obviously diverted to a religion. Most religions have a base book or books which is also called divine book of that religion. The followers of those religions believe their books after all.
There are thousands of religions in this world. Check the following link for detailed list on religions.
Different people have different religions. Majors are Christian, Islam etc. The followers think that their religion is the ultimate truth to life. For example, Christians think that their bible is the only true thing in the world, same goes for Quran of Muslims. Same happens for other religions. They claim that their individual books are from the God. For example a muslim (follower of Islam) will think that only Islam and Quran is the truth. Same might think the Christian. All believers of other religions also claim the same thing of their own.
So are all religions true? Christians know that only their bible and the religion is true and all others like Quran and other religions are wrong because one religion comes from God and not all religions are true. Same way thinks Muslims that their book Quran is true and all others false! Respectively other people believe their own religion and deny others.
Let’s dig a little bit deeper. There is only one God. Then one religion that he had created for human being should be the absolute truth.
Is there only one religion in the universe? I think no. And every follower of every religion claims for their God in own ways and says that their book is truth.
Hence neither a religion is true nor its books. God didn’t create religions. He didn’t create divisions on the mankind. All religions are self-claimed and therefore completely false.
It’s a general statement. There are thousands of proofs against every divine book that each is wrong! No book ever came from God! Why don’t give a try? Search with keywords contradictions in quran, contradictions in bible etc using a search engine.
Monotheists, how do you deny polytheism?
1. As you are theist you believe in God. But you didn’t see him all alone. Right?
2. Monotheist people generally would say if there were multiple God/Goddess or deities they’d have ruined the entire world to take the possession. Universe could never run in such harmony!
How do you know that Gods or those heavenly existences would fight each other. Gods are the wisest and prudent ever. They can obviously be in harmony of power!
If you believe monotheism you are admitting polytheism with tacit approval.
Not a conclusion really
- Thousand lies to protect one lie. That’s what religion is! And lie is poison. If you see the destruction/conflicts occurred by religious groups, if you look at the history you’d be astonished!
- Children shouldn’t be taught religions. Teach them the right thing not bogus religions. It doesn’t require mess of religions to understand what right is and what wrong is!
- Stand for mankind not for religion.
- The modern world is adopting Secularism where religions will have no effects on administration or politics. I hope you know how badly affected the civilization is by the religion politics.
- Here is a statistics of beliefs followed by people. People are coming out to light from darkness. The graph shows an improvement.
Image source [Click image to enlarge]